Thursday, September 27, 2007

Why Life Groups, pt. 2

Most of my spiritual mile-markers, the turning points in my life, have come through close interaction with godly people. Rarely, is it otherwise. We need each other for the maturing of our faith. God has designed it this way (Eph. 4:16). The enabling graces that we pray for will often come to us through the vehicle of obedient, Spirit-led Christians. They become the conduit for God’s blessings to flow to us.

However, if we are isolated from healthy Christian fellowship, we can fall prey to the deadening influences of the world and its God-belittling values. I thank God for the men whom He sent to arouse my heart and beckon me upward by their life and testimony. Understand, I would never have been influenced by them had I stayed to myself, hesitant to be vulnerable. Involving yourself in a Life Group is one way to come in close proximity to godly influences. Though Life Groups can be intimidating, they are greenhouses for life-change.

No comments: