Thursday, July 9, 2009

Soul Stirring

In about 3 hours I will be presenting Jesus as more than a man...that he is Savior of the world. This will be the fifth message out of six and I plan to call them to a decision. Each night they listen and then sit in groups to discuss questions that I have put together. The majority of them are agnostic or atheistic and will talk about Jesus' life and its significance but will refuse to believe that the Bible is more than just an over-embellished tale. Many of them do not know one Christian outside those who put on the English camp!

Nevertheless, it has stirred them to think and to ponder Christianity and eternity. I will be meeting with a couple tonight after the service to talk about spiritual matters with them. They sit with me at meals. We have had good conversations but nothing spiritually deep yet. When they arrived for breakfast they mentioned to me that they did not sleep much because they were talking into the night. When I asked what they were discussion they said it was about God. They had deep questions to ask me but needed a translator so we have arranged to talk tonight through a translator. Souls are being stirred. This couple is just one of several people who want to know more.

Thank you for praying for us...keep it up!

No comments: